QUO VADIS: MARINA STCW?
Maritime Industry Authority or MARINA Administrator ROBERT EMPEDRAD has reiterated the Philippines compliance to the European Maritime Safety Agency or EMSA.
The retired vice admiral was the primary guest at the recent Marino World webinar on MARINA STCW policies and implementations.
Empedrad was joined by reactors of international expertise and domestic interests namely:
- MR. GUY PLATTEN, Secretary General of the Intl Chamber of Shipping or ICS
- MR. ADAM LEWIS, Head of Training and Operations of the Intl Maritime Employers’ Council or IMEC
- CAPT. EDGARDO FLORES, Member of the Technical Panel for Maritime Education
- MS. KAREN AVELINO, President of the Phil Association of Maritime Institutions or PAMTCJ
- MR. SABINO CZAR MANGLICMOT II, President of the Phil Association of Maritime
Institutions or PAMI
- CAPT. JAIME QUINONES, President of the Masters and Mates Association of the Phil or MMAP and
- C/E GILBERT MILANA, President of the Organization of Chief Marine Engineer Officers of the Phils or OCMEOP
Administrator Empedrad also talked about the seafarer’s vaccination and crew change programs of the government.
The webinar has materialized with the support of major firms led by PTC Group, Liberian Ship Registry and TSM Group.
Click here to watch the Webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2k_uODgGQ0