Build-up Continues: FASTCAT TO GET TWO NEW VESSELS
Archipelago Philippine Ferries Corporation, brand owner of FastCat, expects the arrival of two more brand-new vessels (FCM17 & FCM18). These bring to 16 its vessels, right on target, for a fleet of 30 by end of 2021.
FCM17 and FCM18 are set to serve the islands of Palawan, Mindoro and/or Zamboanga- Basilan, supplementing the nine routes in Batangas-Calapan, Bulalacao-Caticlan. Iloilo-Bacolod, Dumaguete-Dapitan, Cebu-Tubigon, San Calos-Toledo, Matnog-Dapdap, Matnog-San sidro and Liloan-Lipata.
The two new vessels feature:
- Engines upgraded with a higher horse power for better performance
- Air conditioning uses water-cooling system, emitting less Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
- Dedicated accommodation area with an exclusive rest room; tv set and air conditioning at the main deck for People with Disability (PWD), the elderly and the pregnant. Those more physically capable can stay at the upper sections with accommodation options.
- Sunbrella roofing material used reduces the heat at the sundeck, this amenity popular in Australia and tropical countries.
And more innovations:
- Bridge control system is improved with more equipment for additional safety in navigation.
- Bow thrusters enhance maneuverability for docking and undocking, more so during strong winds and current ensuring safety.
- Comfort rooms have been improved, luggage compartments added in the main and upper deck for ease.
- Seating has been increased to 360 from 325; with capacity for 34 cars, 7 trucks or buses, at least.
- It is certified and compliant with local and international safety standards to ensure the safety of its passengers and the rolling cargo it carries.