CrewConnect Global, the world’s largest and most influential event for the marine HR community, is celebrating 20 years of bringing together people and ideas dedicated to improving the lives, education and wellbeing of seafarers around the world.
“I like the idea of connecting with everybody involved” says John Adams, conference chairman. Also Managing Director (Teekay Shipping) and Chairman (Bahamas Shipowners’ Association), he adds, “We have a link and a direct line of sight from board rooms to front line operations, to our seafarers … (and) cadets coming into the industry.”
The 2018 programme is action-packed to tackle issues that matter the most to you. Expert speakers will guide through forces that disrupt or shape the future of the industry: new technologies on board, innovations in business operations, new generations of seafarers.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Mark O’Neil, President & CEO, Columbia Ship Management
- Andreas Nordseth, Director General, Danish Maritime Authority
- Joanna Sawh, Crewing Manager, K Line LNG Shipping.
Booking using Code FKT3428MW gets an additional 20% off the ticket price!
The 20th celebrations feature The CrewConnect Global Awards to recognise and reward those who invest in seafarers, further the profession with passion, work with relentless dedication.
The nine award categories are Blue Philippines Partner, Innovation and Adoption of Technology, Excellence in Training, Welfare and Corporate Social Responsibility, Safety at Sea, Trainer of the Year, Young Person of the Year, Lifetime Achievement and Seafarer of the Year.
Looking for excellence, innovation, and role models in the industry who manage to keep pace with the changes in unparalleled speed are the Judges:
- Esben Poulsson, Chairman, Intl Chamber of Shipping,
- Kuba Szymanski, Secretary General, InterManager,
- Andreas Nordseth, Director General, Danish Maritime Authority,
- Jacqueline Smith, Maritime Coordinator, Intl Transport Workers’ Federation,
- Natalie Shaw, Director of Employment Affairs, Intl Chamber of Shipping,
- Stephen Miller, Regional Director-South-East Asia and Senior Chaplain, Mission To Seafarers (MTS-Hong Kong).
Nomination to the awards still open for individuals or organisations.