An evening ahead of the formal opening of Safety4Sea Conference and Awards in Greece, RINA Academy Philippines Inc. was announced as the winner for the prestigious Training Award.
Honour ceremonies proceeded October 3, 2017 at the posh Yatch Club of Greece in Athens.
In accepting the recognition from peers, Captain Nicolo Terrei confirmed that “RINA Academy Philippines Inc was established not just to follow STCW fundamentals but to fulfil competency gaps and enhance the seafarer’s skills. (This), by providing an innovative assessment and training through advance technology in line with the modern shipping industry.
It has been 10 years now that our company started to be an organization bridging the dynamic shipping industry, marine universities and learning institutions around the world. Starting with only 300 trainees, to 6000 of seafarers being trained for the In-house courses and other accredited specific simulator training.”
Captain Terrei could claim that RINA Academy continuously provides excellent maritime services for customer satisfaction, following statutory and regulatory requirements within national and international standards and other applicable requirements.
The Safety4Sea Training Award is given to an organization that provides a significant achievement or breakthrough or significant contribution in any aspect of maritime training.
RINA Academy Philippines Inc. was chosen for quality training, introducing a Competence Management System to continuously assess and train seafarers, shore-based personnel and staff through a Career Development Plan.
Other five award categories are:
- Dry Bulk Operator, for any ship operator of bulk carriers, or general dry cargo vessels that demonstrated safety excellence and performance above average
- Tanker Operator, to any ship operator of oil or chemical tankers, or gas carriers that demonstrated safety excellence and performance above average.
- Sustainability, to any organization that contributed towards sustainable shipping
- Technology, to any organization that provided a significant technological achievement or breakthrough or significant contribution in any aspect of maritime safety activity
- Initiative, to any organization or association that sparked, realized, or significantly contributed in any initiative fostering safer and sustainable shipping
In a cusp, the Safety4Sea Awards are for fostering the Safety Excellence & Sustainable Shipping.
There is an on-line nomination process open to industry stakeholders. Within the months before the Conference, parties may vote via relevant form at dedicated award page. Shortlisted nominees are announced a week before the event, and the winners declared for each category during the welcome reception & award ceremony, the evening ahead of the Safety4Sea Conference and Awards.